This boot camp course is designed to help you begin your career as an entry-level software developer by learning the essential skills that employers are looking for.
Software developers create, test and deploy new software and are pivotal to the tech industry. Many developers specialise in specific languages to assist in gaining better employment opportunities and work on initiative projects.
The employers we have lined up for candidates coming out of this boot camp include software development houses, car manufacturers, data science companies, local authorities and also edTech companies. There are over 60+ available jobs.
START DATE: 5th December 2022
DURATION: 9 Weeks
( Monday 2-5pm, Tuesday 2-5pm, Wednesday 3-6pm)
PRICE: Fully funded (Based on eligibility)
What is included in the course curriculum:-
- Object Oriented Programming
- Utilising Linux/Unix
- Coding in C#
- SQL and other databases
- Understanding of software lifecycle and software development practices.
- Learning how testing is carried out, utilising test processes and procedures.
- Documenting software tests and using results to implement into the software development process.
- UI functional testing, manual testing, automated testing
- Aged between 18 – 29
- Live within Shropshire, Herefordshire & Black Country county postcode
- Currently unemployed, and not in full/part-time education
- Computer literate, this is a coding boot camp and requires good fundamental skills in using computing programs such as Microsoft office.
- Access to own laptop, with at least 4GB Ram.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and complete the course
If your application is successful, you will join our Bootcamp with no fees or hidden costs to pay.
What will this course enable me to do?
1) Guaranteed job interview
Participants who complete the course will be guaranteed an interview with an employer within the tech sector to secure employment as a Software Life Cycle Trainee. Training can also lead to a potential career in software testing, software development and 1st/2nd line software support.
2) Fully funded, including spending money, work experience trip to Spain for 10 days upon completion of the course.